Production of Biosafety & Operations Manuals
In addition to implementing the legislative and Standards requirements on the construction, operation and maintenance of microbiological laboratories (PC2/BSL-2 through to PC4/BSL-4), each laboratory must have its own specific set of guidelines for their laboratory workers.
Using extensive knowledge of biological safety Standards and requirements of other organisations, including the Australian Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR), Bio2ic can assist in the preparation of biological safety manuals. We are also aware of the requirements of a range of legislation related to safety and building codes.
The Manual would usually be constructed with the following sections:
- General Information
- Personnel Procedures
- Operation & Safety Procedures
- Laboratory Standard Work Procedures
- Animal Room Standard Operating Procedures
- Transfer and Transport of Biological Materials
- Procedures for Engineering Staff
- Microbiological Incident Procedures
- Sterilisation and Disposal of Waste
Examples of our work are:
- 2002 - 2004 Department of Microbiology, University of Hong Kong ( HKURCEID)
- 2009, Australian National University (ANU) John Curtin School of Medical Research (JCSMR)